Snowboard Registration 2019/20
Please fill out the form below and follow the online registration process.
If you have any problems with the registration process please contact:
Sara D’ Andrea or Margaret Groves at email@example.com
SSSC Parent Information:
All athletes must fill out respective waivers for the appropriate organization in order to be covered under Commercial General Liability Insurance.
Login to BC Snowboard and follow their waiver registration. All snowboard program fees are plus Membership required through BC Snowboard for Basic Competitor $30 or Advanced Competitor $80. All members under the age of 18 must have their legal guardians registered as a member of the BC Alpine Ski Association. Which includes both skiers, snowboarders and their guardians. All fees are processed by the Smithers Ski and Snowboard Club.
– Grand Total Fees will vary due to differences with BC Alpine, BC North Zone (Alpine), and BC Snowboard fees
– Club fees also include BC Alpine liability insurance for parents during their volunteer roles for both ski and snowboard athletes.
- Parents or Guardians for Ski/Snowboard athletes are required to fill out BC Alpine Insurance liability form. (This information is within our registration form)
To be eligible for our ski and snowboard programs athletes must meet basic skill requirements. See info on our website under SKILL REQUIREMENTS.
Parent/Guardian #1 Information
Please complete the following Section (accurate information is required)
Parent/Guardian Information #2
Please complete the following Section (accurate information is required)
BC Alpine Waiver Information
Legal Guardians of Minors
All members under 18 must have their legal guardians registered as members of the BC Alpine Ski Association.
Club board of directors must be registered as members of the BC Alpine Ski Association.
Volunteers / Officials
Volunteers may sign a one-time waiver at no cost if they are attending a single event. If attending more than one event, they need to become General Members.
General Membership vs Program Membership
General members may not participate in training or racing events, and are only covered for non-race events as well as volunteering/officiating during training and racing events.
Commercial General Liability (July 1 – June 30)
Alpine Canada Commercial General Liability (CGL) coverage is available to all levels of membership (excluding community members) while performing sport-related duties. An Alpine Canada/provincial alpine association one time or seasonal membership waiver form must be signed by the member and filed with the provincial alpine association. Alpine Canada and the provincial alpine association activate coverage upon signing the membership and waiver form and expect that forms will be filed with the provincial alpine association as soon as possible following events. The CGL policy protects against the risk of sums Alpine Canada may become legally obligated to pay as the result of bodily injury and/or property damage caused participating in club/provincial alpine association or Alpine Canada activities. The coverage includes the cost of investigating, defending and paying for any claim for injury or damage attributed to negligence on the part of the club/provincial alpine association or Alpine Canada or an authorized person acting on behalf of the club/provincial alpine association or Alpine Canada.
DRYLAND: This CGL insurance also extends to dryland training. We have been notified that dryland activities are covered for all members provided they (coaches and participants) are all currently registered, and the group is engaged in a supervised participation program, with terrain matched to ability level – the same as it is on snow training.
Sport Accident Insurance (July 1 – June 30)
Alpine Canada’s Sport Accident Insurance Policy (SAIP) is offered as a third tier of insurance coverage to Alpine Canada members. SAIP coverage and eligibility is best outlined in the policy quick sheet found at this url: http://bcalpine.net/files/Registration_Files/SAIP_Info/.
SAIP coverage is required by FIS for all FIS-carded members to compete in FIS competitions (ICR 212.4). SAIP coverage is required by Alpine Canada of any members traveling to compete or train outside of North America.
BC ALPINE WAIVER
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE OR LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING IT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND
INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXTOF-KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES. IN SIGNING THIS CONSENT/RELEASE I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING: ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES. IN SIGNING THIS CONSENT/RELEASE I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
A) AUTHORIZE ACA/PSO AND/OR CLUB TO USE MY PHOTOGRAPH, IMAGE AND LIKENESS (“MY IMAGE”) IN ALL FORMS AND MANNER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PUBLICATION ON INTERNET WEBSITES, BROADCAST, AND ANY OTHER PUBLICATIONS AS RELEASED TO OR BY ACA, FOR THE PROMOTION OF SKIING.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
PARTICIPANT: I AM AWARE THAT SKIING INVOLVES CERTAIN DANGER AND RISKS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO COLLISION WITH NATURAL AND MAN-MADE OBJECTS AND WITH OTHER SKIERS AND SPECTATORS AND FALLING AT HIGH SPEED WHILE RACING OR TRAINING AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH DANGERS AND RISKS AND THE POSSIBILITYOR PERSONALINJURY, DEATH, PROPERTYDAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THERE FROM.
IN CONSIDERATION OF ALPINE CANADA ALPIN (A.C.A.) AND THE CANADIAN SNOWSPORTS ASSOCIATION (THE C.S.A.) ACCEPTINGMY APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION AND PERMITTING ME TO PARTICIPATE IN COMPETITIONS, EVENTS OR TRAINING AUTHORIZED OR SANCTIONED BY A.C.A. AND THE C.S.A., I HEREBY FOR MYSELF MY HEIRS, NEXT-OF-KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS, HEREBY AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT I MAY HAVE AGAINST A.C.A., THE C.S.A., THE SKI CLUB, ZONE OR DIVISION NAMED IN SECTION ON THE REVERSE. ANY OTHER SKI CLUB OR SKI AREA CONNECTEDWITH SUCH COMPETITIONS, EVENTS, TRAINING AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, COACHES, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICIALS, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS AND SPONSORS (ALL OF WHOM ARE HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERED TO AS THE RELEASEES).
2. TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, INJURY OR EXPENSE THAT I MAY SUFFER OR THAT MY NEXT-OF-KIN MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THE SAID COMPETITIONS, EVENTS OR TRAINING DUE TO ANY CAUSE, WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCEON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES.
3. TO HOLD HARMLESSAND INDEMNITY THE RELEASEESFROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONALINJURY OR DEATH TO ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE SAID COMPETITIONS EVENTS OR TRAINING.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
I FULLY RECOGNIZE AND AGREE THAT THE PROVINCIAL FIS LICENCE GRANTED TO ME BY ACA IS A LICENCE RESTRICTED TO ENTRY INTO FIS RACES WITHIN MY HOME PROVINCE ONLY.
I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE DECLINED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CSA/ACA OUT OF COUNTRY SPORT ACCIDENT INSURANCE PROGRAM AND THAT I AM FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF ANY ACCIDENT, MEDICAL, MOUNTAIN RESCUE OR EVACUATION COSTS THAT I MAY INCUR WHILE TRAINING OR COMPETING OUTSIDE OF MY HOME PROVINCE.
FURTHERMORE, I AGREE THAT I WILL HOLD THE CSA/ACA AND THE PROVINCE OF REGISTRATION HARMLESS FROM ANY COSTS THAT MAY BE INVOICED OR ASSESSEDAGAINST THEM BY ANY SERVICE PROVIDER ASSOCIATED WITH ANY INJURY ARISING OUT OF TRAINING OR COMPETING OUTSIDE MY HOME PROVINCE.
THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ATHLETES HOME PROVINCE; AND THAT ANY LITIGATION INVOLVING THE PARTIES OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE BROUGHT WITHIN THE LAWS OF THE ATHLETES HOME PROVINCE
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT (IF COMPETITOR UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE)
PARENT / GUARDIAN: I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT SET OUT ABOVE IN CONSIDERATION OF ALPINE CANADA ALPIN (A.C.A.) AND THE CANADIAN SNOWSPORTS ASSOCIATION, (C.S.A.) ACCEPTINGTHE APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF:
(HEREAFTER REFERED TO AS “THE COMPETITOR”) AND PERMITTING THE COMPETITOR TO PARTICIPATE TO COMPETITONS, EVENTS OR TRAINING AUTHORIZED OR SANCTIONED BY A.C.A. AND THE C.S.A.. I HEREBY FOR MYSELF, MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS AS FOLLOWS:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT I MAY HAVE AGAINST A.C.A., THE C. S. A., THE SKI CLUB, ZONE OR DIVISION NAMED IN SECTION A ABOVE, ANY OTHER SKI CLUB OR SKI AREA CONNECTED WITH SUCH COMPETITIONS, EVENTS, TRAINING AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, COACHES, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICIALS, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS AND SPONSORS (ALL OF WHOM ARE HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERED TO AS THE RELEASEES.)
2. TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE INJURY OR EXPENSE THAT I MAY SUFFER OR THAT MY NEXT-OF-KIN MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF MY OR THE COMPETITOR’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SAID COMPETITIONS, EVENTS TRAINING DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING ANY NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES.
3. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNITY THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY PROPERTY, DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH SUSTAINED BY THE COMPETITOR OR BY ANY THIRD PART RESULTING FROM THE COMPETITOR’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SAID COMPETITIONS, EVENTS OR TRAINING.